The following panelists analyzed the proposed education budget, its relative strengths and weaknesses, and key issues:
- Ron Cowell, President of The Education Policy and Leadership Center and Host of the “Focus on Education” programs;
- Sharon Ward, Executive Director, The Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center;
- Jay D. Himes, CAE, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials;
- Jim Buckheit, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators; and
- Dr. Judith A.W. Thomas, Immediate Past Dean, School of Social Sciences and Behavioral Studies and Professor of Education, Lincoln University
Last February, EPLC and Pennsylvania Cable Network (PCN) began its partnership for “Focus on Education”, the monthly program focusing on education issues in Pennsylvania. Past episodes have covered School Safety Issues, Student Testing, The Work of School Boards, How Public Education is Funded in Pennsylvania, the School Dropout Crisis, Parents as Education Advocates, Arts Education, and Special Education.
Find more information on the Governor Corbett’s Proposed Education Budget for 2014-2015 and related resources on the EPLC website.
In 2014, “Focus on Education” will be broadcast on PCN the second Sunday of each month (with the exception of March) at 3:00 p.m.
To learn more, visit PCN’s “Focus on Education” webpage.