A Coalition Advocating for Arts Education
The Pennsylvania Arts Education Network is a statewide coalition of arts, arts education, and advocacy organizations and individuals committed to working together to strengthen public and policymaker support for Arts Education in Pennsylvania.
The creation of the Network is one of the recommendations included in the Creating Pennsylvania’s Future Through the Arts and Education, a report published in March 2012 by The Education Policy and Leadership Center (EPLC). EPLC provides staff and other support for the Network.
This unprecedented coalition respects the autonomy of its member organizations, but adds value to the work of each of them by promoting and facilitating much-needed voluntary collaboration that utilizes shared goals, strategies, messages, and activities.
Network activities during 2014 include:
- Continue to grow the coalition of organizations and individuals advocating for arts education.
- Host an Arts Education Advocacy Day on March 18 in the State Capitol and support local advocacy activities.
- Support Arts Action Day in Washington DC for Americans for the Arts, delivering messages about arts education to the Pennsylvania Congressional delegation.
- Support activities in Harrisburg for Music Education Advocacy Day on March 26 and Citizens for the Arts Capitol Visits Day on April 29.
- Host the Fourth Annual Arts and Education Symposium in Harrisburg at the State Museum of Pennsylvania on Thursday, October 2.
- Host a series of regional forums/advocacy trainings during September to November.
- Update and distribute a policy agenda to be advocated to state policymakers and school boards.
- Develop and implement shared advocacy strategies and messages to support the policy agenda.
- Continue to build communications and advocacy capacity for the Network and its member organizations, including monthly newsletter, web site, social media tools, and advocacy training.
- Continue to promote membership in the bicameral, bipartisan state legislative Arts and Culture Caucus while also advising and supporting Caucus activities.
- Continuously develop champions for arts education among state and local policymakers.
For more information about the Pennsylvania Arts Education Network, please go to:
Or Contact: Ron Cowell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 717-260-9900