The following panelists discussed the value of the arts in education, funding and funding cuts for school arts programs, and what parents and others can do to advocate for the programs in the their schools:
• Ron Cowell, President of The Education Policy and Leadership Center;
• Corinna Vecsey Wilson, PCN Host of the “Focus on Education” programs;
• Clyde Mills McGeary, Former Chief, Division of Arts and Sciences, Pennsylvania Department of Education;
• Jamie Kasper, Associate Director, Arts Education Collaborative;
• Dr. Richard D. Nilsen, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
EPLC and PA Cable Network (PCN) have partnered for this monthly program focusing on education issues in Pennsylvania. The first episodes aired February through June and covered school safety issues, student testing, the work of school boards, school funding, drop out prevention, and parent advocacy topics.
“Focus on Education” will be broadcast on PCN at 9:00 p.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of every month, now through December.
To learn more, visit PCN’s “Focus on Education” webpage.