Seventh Annual Pennsylvania Arts and Education Symposium
Thursday, November 2, 2017
The 2017 Pennsylvania Arts and Education will be held on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg Convention Center in Camp Hill. See the agenda here.
Early Bird Registration ends September 30.
Sponsored by the Pennsylvania Arts Education network and EPLC, the Symposium is a Unique Networking and Learning Opportunity for:
- Arts Educators
- School Leaders
- Arts and Culture Community Leaders
- Arts-related Business Leaders
- Arts Education Faculty and Administrators in Higher Education
- State and Local Policy Leaders
Plenary Sessions include:
The Arts and Social Justice
Arts Education and the PA ESSA Plan
Town Hall with Policy Leaders
2017 PA Poetry Out-Loud Winner
Other Student Performance
Special Awards will be given to:
Arts Education Policy Leader – Jeanne Schmedlen
Burrell School District Board of Directors
Featured Student Artist Marissa Kemmerling, 12th grade, Eastern Lancaster County High School
Session Topics include:
- Media Arts Standards
- The WIREWorks: the Results of an Experiment in STEAM
- Appollo: A Customizable Fusion of Art, English & Social Studies
- Arts in Education Opportunities Provided by PA Council for the Arts
- Arts in an Urban Setting
- Free and Easy Ways to Market Advocate) for Your Arts Education Program
- So You Think You Can Dance … in Physical Education
- Governor’s Institutes for Arts Educators: Past Investments Yield Positive Returns
- Understanding the Importance of Integrating the Arts into Afterschool Programs
- To Be or Not To Be: NCAA’s Role in Student Learning Choices in the Arts & Humanities
- The Economic Impact of the Arts
- Developing Innovative Programs for Gallery Education Outreach
- Advocacy in 2017: Articulating the Connection Between the Arts and Democracy
Learn more about the Public Policy Agenda of the PA Arts Education Network, and what you can do to support its implementation by state and school district officials.
Register Online Here!
Early Bird Registration (until 9/30) – $50
Regular Registration (until 11/1/) – $60
Registration at Symposium – $70
Full-Time Student Registration (with Student ID) – $30
A Coalition Advocating for Arts Education
The Pennsylvania Arts Education Network is a statewide coalition of arts, arts education, and advocacy organizations and individuals committed to working together to strengthen public and policymaker support for Arts Education in Pennsylvania.
The creation of the Network is one of the recommendations included in the Creating Pennsylvania’s Future Through the Arts and Education, a report published in March 2012 by The Education Policy and Leadership Center (EPLC). EPLC provides staff and other support for the Network.
This unprecedented coalition respects the autonomy of its member organizations, but adds value to the work of each of them by promoting and facilitating much-needed voluntary collaboration that utilizes shared goals, strategies, messages, and activities.
For more information about the Pennsylvania Arts Education Network, please go to:
Or Contact: Ron Cowell | email@example.com | 717-260-9900